Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 122389 times)

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2007, 10:27:52 AM »
Just began watching Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi - god, it's nuts, with the same energy and zaniness of the Excel Saga anime but with *gasp* something resembling a story.  And of course the best thing is I can actually sit down and watch some more stuff again!, ever since I told my boss he could go up himself and do my job and my two co-workers jobs all by himself.  Three of us walked out on the same day, it was beautiful.  And already gotten another part-time job just four days after that, which is all I wanted.  Really got sick of the two job, 60 hour work week for the past, hoo, eight months, so 40 is good by me...

And that was entirely off topic but damn it... think I had a point... oh, right!  And now I can go watch more anime and other things I haven't been able to do since then, whee!  *continues watching Abenobashi*

Good to be back, aw yeah.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 04:11:49 PM »
Finished Abenobashi.  Loved Abenobashi.  Ordered Abenobashi :).

Now the Q is what to rent next (and maybe buy... I only allow myself $100 of "Geek" money each month, so I must choose my addictions well - between my Manga/Anime and Magic the Gathering habits, I'm usually tapped out halfway through the month  :Ecry: ).  Do I go for...

1:  Azumanga Daioh
2:  Full Metal Panic:  Second Raid
3:  Fate/Stay Night

Everytime I'm at the store Fate is rented out, but I do want to see it.  And I can't wait for the Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya to come out this way (Animenewsnetwork's rating scale scored it as a Masterpiece, and so many other people here love it already, I'm sure I will too)

Tough choices...

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 04:21:40 PM »
Ah, I only decide to buy a video after I have watched at last part of the series (preferably all of it), so as not to be disappointed with my larger purchase.  

Oh, and forgive my enfeebled monkey brain, but what is TSR  :Elconfus: ?

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 08:44:54 PM »
Fruits Basket.
Then english voices are horrible! D:
The japanese ones are better.

It ends weird, I like the manga better.
T-T

NWalterstorf

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2007, 08:19:23 AM »
The latest anime I've seen would have to be Yuna. Cute little anime.
img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g89/The_Solid_Snake/excelbannertest.jpg[/img]
Sure.  Just tell your friends you couldn't cook Menchi because you were too busy getting high.  They'll understand.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 04:12:31 PM »
I've been told My HiME's dub is also atrocious, but of late I haben't encountered that many anime with bad dubbing, which is good because if I can get away with it I prefer watching in dub simply because it's annoying having to always look to the subtitles.

Which makes me think of a new topic...

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »
Just finished watching volumes 1-3 of FMP: TSR, and while I liked FMP's first season enough to buy it, I absolutely love this so far.  It has a lot more drama than the first, and frankly I like it, and the English dub is so good I really have no reason to go to the Sub, which was the same for FMP 1 but in this case I prefer much of the English voice work, at least from the key players and major secondary characters.  Yes, it may not be completely original, but it is very well done so far.  Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I just wish they would put more than 3 eps on the discs after disc 1, another thing that was a little chesse-a-riffic about the first season.  Also, with Fummoffu and TSR taken into account I dare say that Kyoto Animation has surpassed Gonzo, which is remarkable in my eyes.

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »
I just watched the final three episodes of Samurai 7. And all my favorite characters died. ;_;
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 08:24:21 PM »
Sucks when that happens, Superllama....I feel your pain.

I'm watching Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.  Finding it okay, not quite as funny as I hoped, though--sorry! (ducks)  Maybe it would be funnier if I saw FMP first, but I don't really get into mecha-battle anime.

Excel, Fruits Basket, Azumanga Daioh, Galaxy Angel, R.O.D. and Tsukikage Ran are my favorites at the moment.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

ElTigreNumeroUno

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://s3.invisionfree.com/Excel_Saga/
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 01:51:34 AM »
Watched Elfen Lied in one sitting with Poey...holy shit it was good.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 01:53:29 AM »
Black Lagoon.

:? It has a lot of potential, but... it doesn't quite seem like it'll happen. I'll follow it though, I hate to judge the whole thing based on the first 4 episodes.

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 03:18:45 PM »
Loveless!
It was nice and full of 20 year old Soubi kissing 12 year old Ritsuka.
There were only 12 episodes and it's not dubbed.
I hope there is another season because it only cover up to vol 4 of the manga ):

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »
Finally watched Hellsing, the original series, and as expected it was very, very different from the manga, but I knew it would be so I watched it for what it was.  Just really missed the humor of the original, and the fact that the real enemies of the manga never appeared, just that lame ass Enigma.

And then I tried to watch Final Fantasy Unlimited and was appalled at how poorly animated and dubbed it was, and frankly the Japanese voices were weak too - it just sucked ass, I can't believe it was a Gonzo production and that the copyright on it was 2003, it was simply horrid!  Couldn't even finish episode three, it was that bad.

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »
I'm watching Buso Renkin.

Papillion disturbs me to my very core.
And Captain Bravo owns your face.
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2007, 04:27:01 PM »
Just watched *Takes deep breath* Ghost in the Shell:  Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society *whoo* on Sci Fi's new Ani-Monday (yay! Eat me, Adult Swim!)

And I must say, I was extremely disappointed.  It was long, dull, and confusing (even for GitS - perhaps one of the most unfortunate abbreviations in history) up until the last 20 minutes or so when all the varying threads came together.  Also, despite the fact that all the voice actors returned to do this, it felt like they just dialed it in - it was lifeless, but even worse was the overwritten dialogue and the heavily narrative feel of it all, even the conversation between the characters, such as the summary Batou gave at the end.  It was hard to sit through and was sorely disappointing especially since I am such a fan of the Ghost in the Shell series.

On the plus side, Sci Fi has Anime at least once a week, wheras Adult Swim is completely killing off their anime to make room for more of their tardtacular shows in the vein of Squidbillies, Assy McGee, and Tom Goes to the Mayor and that retarded Eric and Tim Good Show piece of shit.  And they're even losing the rights to Futurama (Comedy Central bought them I believe).  But if this trend holds then Sci Fi won't be farming the bottom of the anime barrel and will get more high-quality anime.  I just wished this movie which I had been waiting some time for had been better.