Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141247 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #465 on: February 14, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
they had the first eva movie on a while ago and i really should have watched it. I felt like mentioning that because Evangelion's a rather controversial show and didn't expect it would be screened on normal tv.
Personally I thought Shinji was rather correct in feeling how he did about things. Normal for a kid. If i was in that situation i'd probably do the same things.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
Watched the first devilman ova, still in my books a classic

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #467 on: February 15, 2009, 02:31:06 PM »
Watched the first devilman ova, still in my books a classic
That was among one of the first few anime dvds I ever bought. I was a mere fledgling otaku-in-training back then.
It's great.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2009, 11:44:51 AM »
I just Watched PaniPoni Dash Volume 2 DVD...
Finally got it in mail, took like forever, but it was funnn...
Luckily i already have Volume 3, since it came here before vol 2, so i can continue right away, but right now i'm having a break...
I ordered Vol 4 too... This is some fun stuff, and the art style and animation are alot better than i had expected from this series...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »
I just Watched PaniPoni Dash Volume 2 DVD...
Finally got it in mail, took like forever, but it was funnn...
Luckily i already have Volume 3, since it came here before vol 2, so i can continue right away, but right now i'm having a break...
I ordered Vol 4 too... This is some fun stuff, and the art style and animation are alot better than i had expected from this series...

The box set was coming out soon. I plan to get it then.
Haven't bought any new anime in a while.
And because im in mid obsession with higurashi. Planning on buying old cheap anime like to heart and shinichi no nana. 600 minutes for $40 aint bad.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #470 on: February 17, 2009, 07:36:26 AM »
They're releasing a boxsetof it..? wtfrizzle..?

Goddamnit, if i knew... There's already one box, sort of, but it's only coming with a special volume 2 DVD, and not with all volumes, and it's all region 1 too... I'm getting all mine individually on play.com, really cheap, and in region 2 format...

I wonder if the upcoming boxset has any new things coming along with it...

[edit:]
I just checked wikipedia, and saw this:

A special OVA has also been announced to be bundled with DVD box-set containing the anime series and set to be released on March 25, 2009.[5]

Whaaaa..! They better release those individually too, THEY BETTER..!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:43:47 AM by Micki! »
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 17, 2009, 03:14:39 PM »
They're releasing a boxsetof it..? wtfrizzle..?

Goddamnit, if i knew... There's already one box, sort of, but it's only coming with a special volume 2 DVD, and not with all volumes, and it's all region 1 too... I'm getting all mine individually on play.com, really cheap, and in region 2 format...

I wonder if the upcoming boxset has any new things coming along with it...

[edit:]
I just checked wikipedia, and saw this:

A special OVA has also been announced to be bundled with DVD box-set containing the anime series and set to be released on March 25, 2009.[5]

Whaaaa..! They better release those individually too, THEY BETTER..!

That's why I almost always wait for boxed sets  :im_nabeshin:

Recently I bought Desert Punk in the slim pak, and I used to dislike it for its crudity, but all of a sudden I love it.  It grew on me, and sometimes it's just fun to lose yourself in weird, pervy humor.  And the English dialogue and script is way better IMO.  Purists will be mad, but frankly humor doesn't always translate well, and the English script is really snappy and funny. Also re-watching Rune Soldier again for the upteenth time, but it never gets old.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 17, 2009, 08:27:27 PM »
I'm halfway through Gokudo, but I'm a little bored and going to give it a rest.

Watched The Girl who Leapt Through Time--pretty good.

Tried to watch The Place Promised in our Early Days, but the beginning bored me and I never got back to it.

Saw the first disk of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, which was fairly good.

I'm also gradually watching xxxHolic, which is a lot of fun so far, but very popular in the library right now, so that I have to wait for the disks to come in.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 19, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
Recently I bought Desert Punk in the slim pak, and I used to dislike it for its crudity, but all of a sudden I love it.  It grew on me, and sometimes it's just fun to lose yourself in weird, pervy humor.  And the English dialogue and script is way better IMO.  Purists will be mad, but frankly humor doesn't always translate well, and the English script is really snappy and funny. Also re-watching Rune Soldier again for the upteenth time, but it never gets old.
Desert Punk is one of my favorites.  There are two lines that always pop up in my head, and they're both from the same episode:
"I can't believe I'm going to die in a room that smells like hot garbage."
and, for some reason, "Aaahhh!  There's nothing like a cold glass of orange water on a hot day!"
I don't know why, I just like the way they were said in the series.

I just picked up the Rune Soldier slim-set for $35 (not a bad deal).  I have to wait to finish watching it, though, as a friend of mine is also into it.  He has a lower tolerance for animé and he has very poor vision (I can watch for a few hours, he can only watch a few episodes).  Rune Soldier is great.

Watched The Girl who Leapt Through Time--pretty good.
I agree, good movie!
Tried to watch The Place Promised in our Early Days, but the beginning bored me and I never got back to it.
I thought it was nice.  The pacing was slow, but that didn't bother me.  You might want to give it a chance some other time.
Saw the first disk of UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie, which was fairly good.
Saw it one Animé Network.  Really funny, but I don't think I would buy it.  I will watch it again, if they put it up again.
I'm also gradually watching xxxHolic, which is a lot of fun so far, but very popular in the library right now, so that I have to wait for the disks to come in.
xxxHolic is definitely on the top of my list of favorites.  Great, great series.  It's almost a shame that it couldn't be directly related to Tsubasa, but I don't think it takes anything away from the story.  Besides, I have the manga of both to check out the crossovers.

If you like xxxHolic, I highly recommend Mushi-Shi.  It has the same kind of spooky feel to it, but it's way different.  I also really dig the opening theme to Mushi-Shi.  It's very pleasant.
_____

Finished Madlax, and was really impressed.  The whole series is so mysterious and weird, but it really gets interesting toward the end.  A fitting ending, too.  Tastefully done, with no cop-outs.  I enjoyed Madlax a lot more then I had originally presumed I would.

Watched the whole Negima! series.  It was fun, for the most part.  I'm working on Negima!? right now (gotta wait until the next set to finish it).  I like them both, for different reasons.  Although, the animation and backgrounds of Negima!? kind of suffers from ADD.  Almost like the studio was trying really hard so that you don't notice there isn't really much actual movement going on.  I like the balance of comedy and drama of Negima! and the downright silliness of Negima!?.

Also watched Vol. 5 of Lucky Star.  I love Lucky Star.  It never fails to make me laugh.

E^D

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 19, 2009, 06:37:37 PM »
  I just picked up the Rune Soldier slim-set for $35 (not a bad deal).  I have to wait to finish watching it, though, as a friend of mine is also into it.  He has a lower tolerance for animé and he has very poor vision (I can watch for a few hours, he can only watch a few episodes).  Rune Soldier is great.

Against my will, against my will against my will, against my will, against my will!  :e_angry: I'm very fond of that series, and am currently a little depressed because the copy we have at the library doesn't check out well at all, and I may have to take it off the shelf to make room for new stuff.  I already have my own copy, so (unlike some other situations) I'd much rather keep it in the library than give it a good home.

Watched the first discs of Genshiken and School Rumble (after reading some of your old recommendations, I believe, E^D Crow and am eager to get my hands on more!

As I wait for a good deal on Ebay, I'll be watching Kamichu, and it also looks like the rest of xxxHolic is on its way, as long as I can skip over Disc 3 (which appears to have gone missing, or at least is overdue and being a bottleneck.) Hope there aren't any major plot developments on there.

I'll try Place Promised in our Early Days again, sometime when I'm in the mood for something more subtle. Thanks!

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 21, 2009, 08:07:57 PM »
couple of days ago got code geass vol 2. im so behind, but i have to wait until the 18th to get vol 3. it sucks to be in this country.
everything at the store was in box sets now, which is really annoying, since i already bought them seperately. spent $90 on three eureka seven dvds, but they had a box set for $140. I had no idea there even was a box set. And school rumble 1st season for $75 and i already spent $120 progressively for 4 dvds. rrrr. they will barely sell on ebay if i put them up for auction and get the box sets, will they? 

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2009, 03:13:05 PM »
oh nothing just

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
Watched Kamichu over the weekend.  Cute, about a schoolgirl who becomes a god.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 25, 2009, 02:18:50 PM »
^ was tempted by that, at the moment while typing this rubbish I am actually watching project a-ko at this moment in time, rather annoyed that there is no way to play any of my region 1's on my ps3 at the moment, sony bring out a bloody dvdx region disc.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #479 on: February 25, 2009, 03:16:59 PM »
Watched Kamichu over the weekend.  Cute, about a schoolgirl who becomes a god.
Seriously? Jeeeze... Sounds almost like Haruhi Suzumiya again. O.o

I may have to investigate Kamichu to see how they both differ.