Author Topic: What game did you buy most recently?  (Read 88075 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What game did you buy most recently?
« Reply #570 on: December 12, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »
I bought myself blublaz continum shift and call of duty 4 modern warfare

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2010, 01:22:28 PM »
Picked up Halo: Reach and ODST. Haven't played ODST yet, but Reach is pretty decent, and for some reason I am way better with the Reach multiplayer than I was with 3 or even 2. Not sure why, but I'm a bastard with the battle rifle. WAAAY better than the older version, got a lot more oomph.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 30, 2010, 04:26:35 PM »
Got a new laptop, so i bought myself gta 4 and the force unleashed sith edition

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2011, 02:49:00 PM »
I only recently bought a PS3 from a friend (for only $170  :e_shocked:) Said friend completely refurbished it (it's waht he does for a living) and added a 160GB hard drive.  All that and no chance for the yellow screen of death.

Soul Calibur 4 is great.  Exactly what I expected.  Love it.  And I can still kick major ass with Voldo.  Plus, I hunted down a Premium Edition, so I could make customs of Hell Girl, Konata, and most of the main cast of Soul Eater (Maka, Death The Kid, Black*Star, and Tsubaki).  Still working on Excel Girls customs, but I think I have to unlock more stuff.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 feels like no matter what buttons I press, I will do something incredible.  It just feels weird... and slow.  All the moves are pretty much Ryu/Ken-based, but do different things.  And the announcer is SUPER-FUCKING-OH-MY-GOD-I-WANT-TO-KILL-HIM-ANNOYING!  You can't even shut it off!

Burnout Paradise is fun.  Not quite as much fun as the previous Burnout games, since it's missing Crash mode, but it's super fast, and my kind of racing.  Having no line to follow for the races is interesting, but I have to keep pausing to look at the map, and I usually end up taking a wrong turn, and you can't end a race until you actually cross the finish line.

I am really enjoying Eternal Sonata.  What a great game, and gorgeous too.  The best console RPG I've played since Persona 4.  I really like the hectic battle system, even if blocking is kind of a pain.

Still trying to get into Hyperdimension Neptunia, but it's such a slow-pace, the item use thing is very frustrating, I still have no idea how to customize combos, and the music really gets on my nerves.  The story is kind of funny, and the girls are pretty, but I'm not sure that's enough to keep me going.

E^D

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 22, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
I bought myself agrest, saw the videogame, gta 4 complete edition and little big planet 2, enjoy playing them at the moment.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »
I bought myself Mortallllll Kommmmbat, bloody excellent and the fatalities are certainly an improvement, even the addition of kratos in the ps3 version was a good call, all I need now do is figure out each characters pit fatality.  The bosses are a little bit disappointing, I fought kintaro and goro would be alot more difficult to defeat, though he has some fancy new attacks shao kahn is really easy to beat just use characters with projectiles that fire from a distance.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #576 on: April 28, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
the addition of kratos in the ps3 version was a good call
Yes, it was an unusual move to see him in a Mortal Kombat game. 
But more than anything, I was surprised to hear that Kratos wasn't an unlockable character.. He's playable right from the very beginning. O_o

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #577 on: April 30, 2011, 02:59:24 PM »
Recent Purchases:

Fallout: New Vegas
Team Fortress 2

However... I haven't been playing them at all, really. Instead, I've fallen back in love with Oblivion. I can't freakin' wait for Skyrim.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
Traded my ps3 for a bluray player, due to my anger over the sony online issue.  I bought myself a 3ds with super street fighter 4 3d, super monkey ball 3d, lego star wars 3 3ds version, sonic collection and sonic colours.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2011, 04:27:55 PM »
Traded my ps3 for a bluray player, due to my anger over the sony online issue.
A Blu-ray player for a Blu-ray player?? You must've been plenty angry. :e_wink:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 06, 2011, 01:02:03 PM »
Yep I was, at the end of the day I have my laptop which can play decent games and I have my 3ds.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2011, 06:47:30 AM »
Bought Portal 2 this week. Funny and atmospheric as always.

I can see why people says it's easier than the first, but damn there have been some parts where the paths were so damn clandestine, yet so obvious. It gets to the point where I just shoot portals everywhere out of frustration. Barely on Chapter 8, going to hopefully finish it later today.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
Picked up Tekken 6. Spent a few hours tonight playing VS mode with a friend. :im_nabeshin:

I love it, but I'm really bad. I don't usually play fighting games, but I make an exception for Tekken, since the early installments in this series were a big part of my childhood.

The Scenario Campaign is absolute garbage, though. Worse than Death By Degrees, even. Only played that crap for long enough to get some money so I could buy the business suit for my favorite character, Miguel.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #583 on: May 29, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
The weird things that happen to me.. O_o

I don't usually make pre-orders for games but yesterday I decided to put 5 bucks on the new Duke Nukem release. I was told there was a customer appreciation week thingy where everyone making pre-orders are entered to win a free game. ..pffft..! Right, like I'd actually win something.

I get a phone call from Game Stop yesterday evening saying I won a game. The hell..? :e_shocked:
I really didn't want to go back in town again, but for a free game... why not. lol!
They gave me Hyperdimension Neptunia with artbook. Nice! (I've watched your review, Soske.)

So even if Duke Nukem Forever sucks (I hope not!), at least the free game will make up for it.

Anyways, Hyperdimension Neptunia is a fun RPG with lots of character. Lots of humor on the loosely based console war theme. The dungeon designs very mediocre at best.
As an RPG, not extemely involving but overall a good, fun distraction.

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2011, 07:14:35 PM »
The weird things that happen to me.. O_o

I don't usually make pre-orders for games but yesterday I decided to put 5 bucks on the new Duke Nukem release. I was told there was a customer appreciation week thingy where everyone making pre-orders are entered to win a free game. ..pffft..! Right, like I'd actually win something.

I get a phone call from Game Stop yesterday evening saying I won a game. The hell..? :e_shocked:
I really didn't want to go back in town again, but for a free game... why not. lol!
They gave me Hyperdimension Neptunia with artbook. Nice! (I've watched your review, Soske.)

So even if Duke Nukem Forever sucks (I hope not!), at least the free game will make up for it.

Anyways, Hyperdimension Neptunia is a fun RPG with lots of character. Lots of humor on the loosely based console war theme. The dungeon designs very mediocre at best.
As an RPG, not extemely involving but overall a good, fun distraction.

Congrats, winning free games is always awesome.