Author Topic: What game did you buy most recently?  (Read 88077 times)

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
Re: What game did you buy most recently?
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
bought myself a pc, not great specs, but it can play bionic commando and black ops quite reasonabley at the lowest settings, the machine is an athlon x2 245 2.90ghz, 4 gb of ram, up to 891 ati radeon 3000, 500gb hard drive

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 03, 2011, 04:26:44 PM »
Got Mortal Kombat.  The store only had collector's edition and tournament edition, so I went for the collector's edition, since I was planning on getting a fight stick anyway, but didn't want a MK-specific one.

Used a gift card I've had since christmas, so I paid regular price for the collector's edition, which came with:  DLC themes (one for the heros, one for the villans), avatars (MK logo, Scorpion head, and Sub Zero head), and classic Ermac costume, an artbook, plus 'Scorpion spearing Sub Zero through a wall' bookends (which are pretty awesome, if sloppily painted).

Been practicing with my new Hori RAP V3-SA.  It's been a little tough getting used to, but I'm waiting for my octagonal restrictor, then I'll be in business.  The square plate it came with makes it a bit tough to pull off Shoryuken-type moves.

Soul Caliber IV
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Mortal Kombat
...just waiting for the Super Street Fighter IV Acarade Edition to come out.  I know it's about improving the game, and making more money, but, damn, Capcom...

E^D

P.S.  The "damaged" character models in the Necropolis are anatomical sights to behold.  It all looks SO GOD DAMN PAINFUL!   :hdead:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:40:57 PM by E^D Crow »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 20, 2011, 12:32:53 PM »
Apart from the final boss in story mode, I thought mortal kombat was a tad easy and the fatalities, could be done with relative ease, but don't get me wrong I did think it was a great game, just a shame they didn't briing out a pc version, oh well I will just have to wait for super street fighter 4 arcade edition, which is due out soon yeahh.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #588 on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Congrats, winning free games is always awesome.
It is. And it's a really fun game too.

I decided to pick up my pre-order for Duke Nukem Forever last Saturday.
It's not yet even out of the GameStop bag it's in. (Damn you, HyperDimension Neptunia!) :il_hahaha:

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 20, 2011, 08:11:56 PM »
Apart from the final boss in story mode, I thought mortal kombat was a tad easy and the fatalities, could be done with relative ease, but don't get me wrong I did think it was a great game, just a shame they didn't briing out a pc version, oh well I will just have to wait for super street fighter 4 arcade edition, which is due out soon yeahh.

With me, it's that I do not now, nor have I ever, liked using Liu Kang.  I can't get the style down.  So I've been having a hell of a time vs. Shao Khan in story mode.  Like, it's a wall that I hit face first, every time.  If I could only use some other character.  Kabal, Baraka, Kung Lao, Ermac, Kitana, Sindel, Cyrax, Smoke... damn near ANYONE else, but Liu Kang.  It's so very frustrating.

E^d

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 21, 2011, 11:34:37 AM »
You spam liu kangs special m oves to the fullest on this fight, just make sure you have mr Khan in one corner or the other and there are oppotunities (not many to jump over him to give you the advantage).  I know this is spoilers but the hardest battle is the final one when your using raiden, though he has the flying attack do not rely upon it to much this boss is very hard to spam, it took me about 16 attempts  the final we shall say usinmg very harsh and nasty language at my poor ps3.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 21, 2011, 02:29:55 PM »
I guess I'll keep trying...  The back-forward nature of all of his moves is a pain in the ass for me to pull off.
Should I use just fireballs, or mix it up with dragon/bicycle kicks?  I always screw up the bicycle kick...

Picked up Bayonetta, used, on a whim today.  Heard good things about the game, and I've always had a thing for hot chicks in glasses.

Those shoes of hers are really something else...  Kind of absurd, but my kind of absurd.

E^D

Soske

• Head of City Security
  • Legend Killer
    • View Profile
    • Soske Reviews
« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2011, 03:12:39 PM »
Got Alice: Madness Returns.  The visuals and story are fantastic, but everything else is bland.  New copies come with a code for the first American McGee's Alice.  I have a feeling the price will drop fairly soon, so I'd say wait to get it.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 22, 2011, 04:02:09 PM »
Got Alice: Madness Returns.  The visuals and story are fantastic, but everything else is bland.  New copies come with a code for the first American McGee's Alice.  I have a feeling the price will drop fairly soon, so I'd say wait to get it.
And if you think Madness Returns' gameplay is bland, just wait until you play the first one. :il_hahaha:

Personally, I enjoyed the platforming in Alice 2. It wasn't Mario Galaxy or Ratchet & Clank, but it was decent enough, IMO.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 24, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »
Decided my next to pc purchases next month will be alice the madness returns and super street fighter 4 arcade edition and maybe bulletstorm after playing the demo.

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2011, 12:39:41 AM »
Currently playing Borderlands as Lilith; it's really fun !
I like the lot of variety of guns, and even if the quests are a bit redundant, the characters and the background are interesting.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:51:56 AM by Zozolton »
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2011, 09:49:56 AM »
Currently playing Borderlands as Lilith; it's really fun !
I like the lot of variety of guns, and even if the quests are a bit redundant, the characters and the backrgound are interesting.
It gets a lot more exciting near the end. Make sure to grab the DLC packs if possible, they're arguably better than the main game.
I think Lilith and Brick are the best for the single-player game, but Mordecai and Roland are a lot more exciting for co-op. :im_nabeshin:

Zozolton

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2011, 11:01:41 AM »
Just finished the first playtrough. The end is disappointing, but I saw that the story continues in DLC 3.
I have the Game of the Year edition, but I can't play the DLCs yet as I'm playing the PC version on a mac and I need some special modifications that I can't do right now.
"The problem with asshole paraplegics is that you have to get on your knees to punch them in the goddamn face, so it's not worth it most of the time."

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #598 on: June 25, 2011, 12:08:57 PM »
Wow, I haven't played Borderlands in a long time... cool stuff. I miss it.

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2011, 05:42:53 AM »
Finally got Team Fortress 2 (free of course, I was actually close to buying it). I think it's safe to say that this has filled the void that WOW made, and I don't know if that's a good thing.