Author Topic: worst band ever?  (Read 13914 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: worst band ever?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
slow tempo, especially when they take so long to finish a single word.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 02:10:14 PM »
Ok, I must say I just thought of one band in particular that made me want to change the station more than any other has ever done.  Not even Nirvana, who I could never stand, ever provoked me to change the station as quickly as System of a Down.  The very sound of the "singer's" voice gives me pain.  I just remembered them when I turned the station from my normal spot (classic rock station) to the mixed rock station because they were doing some sort of NASCAR special show for some reason and a few songs in I heard "Aerials" and the pain came back.

I guess it's like with movies anymore - the new stuff is not working for me (and I know "Aerials" isn't new, but compared to "Sympathy for the Devil" it sure is).

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 11:24:22 PM »
yeah, a lot of new stuff is really bad, the only good ones in my opinion are ok go, little birdy and beck(his new stuff, i mean).
i like harmless songs, really. ones that dont attempt to give out a message.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 05:59:30 AM »
Ok, I must say I just thought of one band in particular that made me want to change the station more than any other has ever done.  Not even Nirvana, who I could never stand, ever provoked me to change the station as quickly as System of a Down.  The very sound of the "singer's" voice gives me pain.  I just remembered them when I turned the station from my normal spot (classic rock station) to the mixed rock station because they were doing some sort of NASCAR special show for some reason and a few songs in I heard "Aerials" and the pain came back.

I guess it's like with movies anymore - the new stuff is not working for me (and I know "Aerials" isn't new, but compared to "Sympathy for the Devil" it sure is).

System of a Down is okay, IMO.  They have a few good songs, like Snowblind.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 10:31:36 AM »
My question is, how can you stand the man's excuse for singing?  My ears feel like they're going to bleed whenever System comes on the radio.  But they're popular, as are many other low quality bands.  I guess I just can't understand the reason.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 03:04:48 PM »
My question is, how can you stand the man's excuse for singing?  My ears feel like they're going to bleed whenever System comes on the radio.  But they're popular, as are many other low quality bands.  I guess I just can't understand the reason.

His singing is actually computer altered, thus the name "System of a Down."  I don't like them very much, just a few of their songs.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »
Smashmouth.

I.  Hate.  Smashmouth.

Any song they create is simple and trite; consisting of no more then strunk-together clichés, forced together with boring melodies.

Just thinking about them is making me irritated. :e_angry:

E^d

galenow

• Across Star 1
  • "hey, hey, hey..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
All the music/Bands I use to love as a youth but NOW have to listen being butchered by my kids on Guitar HERO. :lordilvryannoyed: over and over and over....
I used to love "slow ride"...sob... sob

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »
I can't stand emo and most rap. I have trouble with generalizations of genres becuase every once and awhile there comes something that changes my ind, I used to say I hated all rap until I found nerdcore, and I don't like much country but I can't get "Devil went down to Georgia" out of my head. ever. It's hard to say you hate pop, becuase pop seems to change, never really sounding the same, I hate most current pop though.

But to really answer the question I think it might be MCR, along with pretty much everything on MTV these days (which isn't a lot seeing as they have an hour of music a day).
http://lonelytrapezoid.blogspot.com/
I really need you to go to that page.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 01:41:39 AM »
it's almost impossible to chose one band that sucks the most.
if only each of us were able to destroy our most hated bands. just to erase their memory from the earth.
wishful thinking.

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2008, 08:21:13 AM »
All the music/Bands I use to love as a youth but NOW have to listen being butchered by my kids on Guitar HERO. :lordilvryannoyed: over and over and over....
I used to love "slow ride"...sob... sob
One reason why I dislike Guitar Hero.  Haven't played any of them except the second one.  Thus, I still love Slow Ride.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2008, 11:45:06 AM »
I can't stand emo and most rap.
opposite for me. i cant stand rap and most emo.
Weeell i grew up on rap so i guess i COULD stand it. but i dont like it.
Emo....well i like the used, are they considered emo? Atreyu?
Look at Atreyus song titles and they sure as hell sound emo. But i love their music
>:/

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
Like I said earlier, if you hate rap, their still nerdcore, but I don't think anyone knows what that means.
I hate Emo becuase listen to songs rich people wrote about how bad life is isn't worth a millisecond of my extremely valuable time.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2008, 12:53:02 PM »
Like I said earlier, if you hate rap, their still nerdcore, but I don't think anyone knows what that means.
I hate Emo becuase listen to songs rich people wrote about how bad life is isn't worth a millisecond of my extremely valuable time.
Lol!
Some bands i listen to lyrics, some bands i listen to the "music" the singing is merely part of the effect of the music.
What Atreyu says is none of my concern, i dont give a shit about how someones standing on their chest :P push em off.

From Autumn to Ashes is still kinda a small band, they're emo, but they're a pretty good band. Not my favorite (actually i havent listened to them since my fiance dumped me) but regardless of if a band sucks, i can admit if they have talent.  Besides, although i know what Atreyu sings about, i just dont care. I dont feel pity for anyone i dont know.  Hell someone dies on TV with a tire to the face, i'll fuckin laugh. But i can listen to the sweet music of a good band without caring about how tragic their life is :3
Everyones life is tragic, only some people wish to share that with others. Those people are considered emo ^^
>:/

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »
That might have been...possibly...the stupidest thing...I have ever heard.

Also I don't like emo becuase it's very mainstream these days. I hate mainstream.

I care about lyrics a lot, becuase I can't help but think that by listening to music where the singer sounds like an ass, then I am supporting asses everywhere. I also like songs I can relate too, and I don't usually relate to songs about how all life is pain, or about how I'm walking down the bulivard of broken dreams.