Author Topic: worst band ever?  (Read 13915 times)

Nabeshin_1040

• Electrofag
  • Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
    • View Profile
    • Mah Mahspace
worst band ever?
« on: September 30, 2007, 10:24:15 PM »
just wanna get a real feel for the music palette of the posters on our dear forum.

disagreements= acceptable
flaming= i will liquidate [fixed] the thread.

for me it would have to be...... fall out boy. it brought the same old same old to a new level of boring.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 10:26:00 PM by Nabeshin_1040 »

Music is love

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: worst band ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 05:24:55 AM »
Yeah, Fall Out Boy sucks hard.  I'm not too fond of Linkin Park, either.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 06:55:41 AM »
Just as it's hard for me to pick a favorite band, picking the worst one is also really hard because so many suck big floppy donkey dong.  Now if we are just talking mainstream bands, here's a few...

Actually, rather than list bands so much, listing musical movements might work better for me.  So here goes...

1:  Emo (not traditional Emo like Staind - as in emotional music with some kind of heart behind it - but the whining teen angst bands.  Seriously, pick one, they all stink.)
2:  Grunge (I hated grunge when it was fresh and new, and not just the music but its effect on its fans was obnoxious all throughout high school for me.  It's like it suddenly became taboo to bathe or wear clothes that are washed regularly).
3:  Deathmetal (Cookie Monster rock, I mean Christ, how is that a skill?  I have all the muscial ability of your average turnip and if it's something I could do, then it's not music).

Now I am primarily keeping to Rock here, but I'll just point out for the record I also hate Country, Rap, Hip Hop, Pop music... actually I appear to hate almost all modern music.  But I do like some bands, it just seems like most of the bands today in my opinion are weak.  Happens in a lot of areas of popular entertainment.  See modern movies for instance - most range from POS juvenile comedies to highly pretentious "art" movies, and lame duck action/thriller movies in between. 

It's all because there doesn't seem to be an original voice anymore.  You just get a lot of cookie-cutter types that play follow the leader and the various entertainment industries keep cranking them out - more Emo bands that all sound the same, more Anger Rock with poor quality singers growling at the world, more Crap-Metal bands continue to spring up, and so forth.  Frankly picking the "worst band" is as hard as trying to pick which individual turd is the most disgusting out of the pile.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Nabeshin_1040

• Electrofag
    • View Profile
    • Mah Mahspace
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 08:42:20 AM »
It's all because there doesn't seem to be an original voice anymore.  You just get a lot of cookie-cutter types that play follow the leader and the various entertainment industries keep cranking them out - more Emo bands that all sound the same, more Anger Rock with poor quality singers growling at the world, more Crap-Metal bands continue to spring up, and so forth.  Frankly picking the "worst band" is as hard as trying to pick which individual turd is the most disgusting out of the pile.

electro artists sound nothing like other bands.synth work can be a powerful and odd element in any band. generally it has a good effect on the band's sound. but some would argue that it is a rebirth of the music of the 80s. and that would be right to an extent.

Music is love

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 07:28:28 PM »
I'd do my homework if you think "cookie-monster metal" has no talent, whether you enjoy it is another thing.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:50:30 PM »
just about any rap song :/

just not my thing anyway.

cookie monster metal...i've heard that song before on sirius sattelite radio ...it was...
interesting.
>:/

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 04:29:25 PM »
It's a song?

I was just talking about metal with growling vocals.

ElTigreNumeroUno

• Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
    • http://s3.invisionfree.com/Excel_Saga/
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 01:34:33 AM »
Clearly, this is the worst band ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk

P.S. Death metal ftw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJJHk4hSFB4

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 07:44:54 AM »
Clearly, this is the worst band ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw8sNoodIDk

Wow, they killed The Final Countdown.  And considering how bad the song was originally, that's saying a lot.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
well I could go into detail about why I don't like Death Metal or R&B but there is one band that everytime I hear them I get the urge to kill because I feel they are so terrible. Even saying there name makes me annoyed so CHemical Romance is the worst in the world for how they make feel

Randamo

• You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 10:36:53 PM »
worst band is probably something that hasn't even famous.
oh, i hate RnB and poppy stuff...like hamster dance.
i don't like stuff like hilary duff, maraih carrey or beyonce. I really don't like emo bands like chemical romance or panic at the disco, and by the way how is panic at the disco NOT like that, uh, what's it called?
uh, lost my point...

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2007, 05:55:24 AM »
Actually, I'd rather listen to an entire CD of Fall Out Boy than just one song by My Chemical Romance.  They're definitely the worst band ever.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 05:20:48 PM »
I can listen to pretty much anything, really.

Randamo

• You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 09:17:46 PM »
this may sound insane, but there are songs out there that give me literal physical(as well as emotional and mental) pain just to hear it - and these are sound that are so long and drawn out, i mean, just get to the point of what you're singing.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 09:25:46 PM »
^^ Do you mean long songs, or slow tempo/slow feels?