Author Topic: worst band ever?  (Read 13912 times)

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
Re: worst band ever?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »
Also I don't like emo becuase it's very mainstream these days. I hate mainstream.
But what's wrong with mainstream? D:

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »
Mainstream is what most people like, and what most people like now is crap.
http://lonelytrapezoid.blogspot.com/
I really need you to go to that page.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
Is it crap because people like it, or is it crap because you genuinely don't like the music. You just said you don't like emo BECUAUSE it's mainstream, not because there's something wrong with the actual music. All you said was that you specifically hate mainstream.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
the truth is that these days the mainstream is terrible, so much so that we shan't bother listening.
come on! last decades mainstream was briney spears and christina agulera. oh, and backstreet boys.

i love what andrew hansen asked them: " is it true that the name backstreet boys is a sexual inneundo, much like being roggered roughly from behind?"
they didn't answer the question, just so you know.

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2008, 11:21:53 PM »
this is just a guess, as i dont keep tabs on anyone famous, and could give a ratsass about them.

but i dont think the backstreet boys are gay.
Yeah their music fails. but short of me not liking their music personally, i dont know anything about them. But i doubt they're gay, seems more like people wish to bash on them. kinda like how people bash on britney spears, and that one faggot kid who defended her.
>:/

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 04:25:27 AM »
Who cares is they're gay or not when their music sucks?

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2008, 08:19:41 AM »
I'll state why I hate emo, it's also the same reason that I can't stand the confessional poets (Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, etc).  It's people whining about how awful life is, but where Plath has some serious reasons for thinking so, these emo bands are generally made-up of teenagers or early 20-somethings that really haven't lived enough to know suffering and hearing the whiny little &%$^s whine about high school (what band has that song, "The bird and the worm" I think it is?) it just makes me want to club someone.  It's whining that really gets me, and that is the majority of current emo.

Now Staind I don't mind at all, and that is true emo (as in emotionally charged lyrics, which is fine, nothing wrong with emotions), it's whining little shits that get me. *cough*Coldplay*cough*

As for "pop" music, well, the reason I can't stand it comes down to the fact that so much of it sounds exactly the same - bouncy, "poppy" crap with no intelligence.  Music like poetry (and they are of course very closely linked) should have some kind of soul or message (note: this does not apply so much to techno and the like since that is a form that does not rely upon lyrics).  But anything Britney, the boy bands, and the more popular hip-hoppers do is pretty much the same ol, same ol.  And as far as style goes, it's just not "me."

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »
Thank you for saying what I could not about crappy emo music. I agree 100%. But when you say pop, do you just mean what's currently 'pop'?

Squeezit

• i'll show you a custom title...
  • Head of City Security
    • View Profile
    • stuff and things :)
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »
just because you dont like a band, doesnt make them bad. It just means you personally think they suck.
My tastes vary, but my friend Paulina for example, write beautiful music. I dont like it, its not my taste. But i can still give her props that its good.

and im pretty sure the backstreet boys never wrote their own lyrics.
>:/

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
Worst bands hmm, spice girls, that one which that twat robbie williams belonged to, and few others

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2008, 07:46:08 PM »
But when you say pop, do you just mean what's currently 'pop'?

Ah, well remember when I said "same ol, same ol?"  That's pretty much it - when someone does something new, and it gets copied over, and over, and over again, it all runs together and makes one critical mass of musical feces.  The general theme of pop music though is that it tends to be very light in style and message.  It's usually not offensive lyrically, usually about life issues (love, identity, things teenagers are usually concerned with, and that tend to aim at that target group).  Pop changes from generation to generation, but common threads can be seen in what makes "Pop" what it is - accessible to the masses.  I can't think of a single pop song that provokes any kind of thought or reflection.  They tend to be catchy, and in the modern day they are meant to be seen (music videos, live concerts, choreographed dance, etc).  It just makes me ill.

ust because you dont like a band, doesnt make them bad. It just means you personally think they suck.

Yes, in the end it just comes down to what your tastes are, and even though I think My Chemical Romance is the worst thing to crawl out of the neo-emo circuit, they're still laughing all the way to the bank. 

Oh, and as for the Spice Girls, I think that any band that has been intentionally engineered is pretty awful - made by the music industry, for the music industry.  It's, how should I say this, inorganic.  Of course, that's my bias against the music industry, likely the most dishonest and parasitic of all the different facets of the  entertainment industry. 

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

evil_dead

• Funderful
  • Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 05:29:32 AM »
when I asked that I meant pop that was around before I was born, not the pop from the Backstreet boys era. Wasn't Micheal Jackson pop? and that's good music.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 01:18:59 PM »
May of had his faults, but I did like some of Michael jacksons stuff.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 06:20:58 PM »
i guess you could answer the topic question that it's just personal taste.
but most of us agree that certain music is so bad it makes us cringe.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 04:18:50 PM »
That is certainly true in most cases, especially nowadays when you get the wannabes who go on to these tallent shows hoping to promote their musical tallents some of which is laughable, I admit can't sing my self.