Author Topic: Anime/Manga figures  (Read 67497 times)

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
Re: Anime/Manga figures
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2008, 07:11:26 PM »
Lucky Star figurines on the way XD
I now have some very unique Lucky Star figures. (They're staring at me right now! OMG!!!) :il_hahaha: Never thought I'd ever get Lucky Star stuff, but this was difficult to say no to. Pics to come soon. (I know I keep saying I'll post new pics, but it'll happen sooner or later.) ^^;;

Adults and their dollies,
Reminds of that scene in Die Hard With A Vengeance where Bruce Willis' character walks into an apartment, spies a Spawn figure on a table and asks, "You play with dolls?" heh..

Can't say I've ever been a fan of the revoltech figs. Most of the effort seems to go into hiding the joints rather than the build and so forth.

Resin all the way.

Except for maybe the CC I'm working on now. She's impossible.
Looking at pictures of it, it doesn't seem to expend much effort to hide the joints.  Comparing that to what i am actually looking for (ie. a decent figure of Revy that affordable), it doesn't seem to be that bad and looks better in some instances than a solid PVC.
  Personally im not into the whole aspect of which is better, just the overall presentation of the figure itself, if i can afford it and it looks good then im gonna get it somehow.
Yeah, REVOLTECH's product isn't extremely bad for the price. Poseable figures are nice because they can offer lots of options for display. About the only thing that bothers me about them is the look of the joints. This especially holds true for the knees and ankles of human characters.... it just looks.... freakish to me. However, I will say that REVOLTECH makes some of the nicest generation one Transformers figures I've seen.

Just recently, Max Factory came out with a new line of poseable figures - competing with the REVOLTECH line for everyone's hard-earned money, I'm sure - under the name Figma. The Figma line of poseable figures is probably the most impressive I've seen in terms of presentation and poseability. Detail is very nice from what I've seen. They all seem to come with a special stand that can be attached to the upper torso of the figure. This can allow the figure to have good dramatic poses... like making it literally leap up off the ground.
Just like REVOLTECH, the Figma line has different faces included for different expressions, hands, and weapons or etc. Yes, the freakish-ugly (IMO!) arm and leg joints are there too, but if anyone wants a figure with good poseability with great detail for a reasonable price, this could be the way to go. (Sorry, they don't have a Revy yet, Necrominion.) :e_wink:

I've recently been comparing Fate/stay night's Saber from both REVOLTECH and Figma. Figma's looks best and might be the one I'll get should I decide to get it. hmm...

I recently bought my self the original ravage, sound waves cassette that turns into  the pantha, worth the pennies for the condition it was in
I knew someone who had that a long time ago. Problem was it was used so much it was worn out and impossible to make it stand up. Needless to say he never looked after his stuff. >_<

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
Though ravages legs are a litte bit wobbly, and I came to the coonclusion that the mp3 soundwave I bought was a waste of cash as I have a better mp3 player

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2008, 04:07:04 PM »
I'm really sad that I cannot find a Rika Furude figure. Only one I have ever seen is one in a set of five and I can't even find that anywhere.

Just ordered the full set of Rozen Maiden keychains.....should have them sometime within the next fortnight.

Awesome. I've been meaning to get those for ages :P

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »
Got the Revy Revoltech figure, and spent hours playing with the thing before i finally decided to put it into a pose i wated it in.  Went with the cliche jumping from the side with two revolvers outstretched in front Tomb Raider-esque pose.

Also the Rozen Maiden Keychains have now seen the majority of the surrounding area whiere i live and have currently protected my keys from being left in my pockets and gobbled up by the washing machine...
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't many people happy?

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2008, 03:40:58 PM »
I came to the coonclusion that the mp3 soundwave I bought was a waste of cash as I have a better mp3 player
Until now, I never realized there was an mp3 player of Soundwave available. It was a great idea to bring him up to date like this.

But I do agree that a regular mp3 player is actually better in functionality. I would only buy the mp3 Soundwave purely for the nostalgia factor of G1 Transformers.

I'm really sad that I cannot find a Rika Furude figure. Only one I have ever seen is one in a set of five and I can't even find that anywhere.
I've had a look on ebay not long ago and couldn't find anything either. Shion seems to be the most readily available atm.

Also the Rozen Maiden Keychains have now seen the majority of the surrounding area whiere i live and have currently protected my keys from being left in my pockets and gobbled up by the washing machine...
heh.. I need to get something like that. I've only a boring ol' key ring with a small Mag-Lite flashlight on it. Yeah... I'm boring.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:43:37 PM by Lord Il »

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2008, 10:24:54 AM »
My mp3 soundwave, lives with rest of my cllectables

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2008, 07:04:12 AM »
My Roppenmatsu Nishiki came through the post last week and forgot to mention it.  Got it off of tmpanime.com for $16.99.  Quite  asteal i think.

Her Excellency The Pink Bunny

• You see nothing!
  • Spam Master
  • ;D
    • View Profile
    • Pink Bunny's Twitter
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »
I got the REvoltech Yotsuba&! today. It's my first anime figure other than my Kon plushie. I'm still messing around with her poses.

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
Was really tempted to get one of them, but the shipping costs to the UK would hav killed my funds

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »
Was really tempted to get one of them, but the shipping costs to the UK would hav killed my funds
Yeah, I try to avoid sellers (if I can help it) who insist on only shipping by EMS (Express Mail Service). It's very fast, but sometimes it's just too insanely expensive - It can put the cost of an otherwise reasonably priced figure through the roof.

Just got this yesterday. She's not even out of the box yet (probably to protect my other figures from any harm :e_wink:). It was a pre-order which got delayed for a few months. Perhaps the most wicked version of dark Saber I've ever seen..

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/others/solidtheater/solid0803-01.html

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2008, 02:49:18 AM »
Those eyes stare right through your soul.....

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:26 PM »
Those eyes stare right through your soul.....
lol! I know! You can't tell from the photos, but what makes those eyes look even more menacing is the shine they tend to give off in the light. I don't believe they're just simply painted on, but maybe they're plastic inserts. Not sure. But another possibilty could be that the eyes had a high gloss clear coat painted on them for a realistic shine. I'll have a better chance figuring this out once I get her out of the box (Yes, she's still in the box looking really pissed. :il_hahaha: )

Regardless, I've never seen a figure to have such shiny eyes. Freaky.  :e_shocked:

She has an optional extra head where an eyeshield covers her eyes - I may use this a lot more if the eyes creep me out too much. heh..

Necrominion

• Chief Combatant
  • ~Desu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:04 PM »
Might be for the best in my opinion

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 05, 2008, 02:59:02 PM »
I kknow its not really aniime related but I finally got some of the 25th anniversary gi joe figures, Tomax and Xamot, Duke and Cobra Commander.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #134 on: June 05, 2008, 04:51:53 PM »
I kknow its not really aniime related but I finally got some of the 25th anniversary gi joe figures, Tomax and Xamot, Duke and Cobra Commander.
My cousin used to have just about all of the originals. When he told me he threw most of them out because he felt he had "outgrown them", I just shook my head in disgust. What a waste. >_<

------------------------
Okay, since I've still been too lazy to take photos yet (I really will though at some point!)..

As I mentioned some time earlier, I got some very interesting chibi-style Lucky Star figures:
Konata and Kagami cosplaying as Saber and Rin respectively from Fate/stay night. Being the Fate/stay night fan I am, and the fact this was so unique, it was far too difficult to turn a blind eye to..
http://www.goodsmile.info/wf/wh7/wf_gsc_01.html

This is supposed to be a Winter Wonder Fest '08 exclusive and they've been appearing on eBay quite a bit with insanely high prices attached to 'em. :e_shocked:

Good Smile Company never fails to amaze me at how well they package their products. As small as these figures are (their Nendoroid line of figures), lots of care is taken to ensure painted surfaces are protected from any scratches in transport - Tiny individual, clear plastic sleeves were actually used to protect Kagami's pigtails... seriously!