Author Topic: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)  (Read 39586 times)

cpl_crud

• Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
    • http://www.windfs.com
Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
Present indications are that it will probably be adround the summer season of '08, however since that is around the time that the live-action movie will be screening, I'm not sure which way it will go.

Oyashirosama.com doesn't seem to have much news either; I do know that there is a rodshow that will preceede the movie occuring in May, so we can expect to see it shortly after that.

I'm guessing that they will want to tie-in the movie and the series, so you can expect them to be showing around about the same time.
 get paid to push around air. That fact is both amazing and depressing.

GL We're IN Denial
http://www.windfs.com

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2008, 02:14:16 PM »
Some updates about the limited edition Higurashi no naku koro ni Kizuna game~! I'll translate from the new update for you guys.

The special edition comes with a box to store all 4 games, much like an anime collectors box.
Also, it comes with the Sonozaki Family Collectors Can, which contains:
The Unhappy Trump Card: Until forever it's important
Watanagashi Cleaner: Let's absorb the bad stuff with cotton
Curry Eraser: Does Chie-Sensei consent too?
Mini Calender: Summer is when the Higurashi cry...
Kyuuute Accessory Case: Put your DS in here. "Omochikaeri!" (Oh, and I spelled it "Kyuuute" because it says "Kaaii" in the original Japanese, which is Rena's strange way of saying "Cute", which should be "Kawaii".)
Substitution Memo book: I wonder who on earth's book this is... (The kanji either says Substitution, Sacraficial, or Scapegoat. All 3 work pretty well to describe Keiichi's memo from Onikakushi, neh?)
Warning Sticker: If you don't listen to our warning, you'll suffer a cruel reptentence. (They show a yellow sticker like a street crossing sign, showing Rena chasing Keiichi with a cleaver, denoting: "Frequent Rena Appearance Warning")

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2008, 03:04:28 PM »
Some updates about the limited edition Higurashi no naku koro ni Kizuna game~! I'll translate from the new update for you guys.

The special edition comes with a box to store all 4 games, much like an anime collectors box.
Also, it comes with the Sonozaki Family Collectors Can, which contains:
The Unhappy Trump Card: Until forever it's important
Watanagashi Cleaner: Let's absorb the bad stuff with cotton
Curry Eraser: Does Chie-Sensei consent too?
Mini Calender: Summer is when the Higurashi cry...
Kyuuute Accessory Case: Put your DS in here. "Omochikaeri!" (Oh, and I spelled it "Kyuuute" because it says "Kaaii" in the original Japanese, which is Rena's strange way of saying "Cute", which should be "Kawaii".)
Substitution Memo book: I wonder who on earth's book this is... (The kanji either says Substitution, Sacraficial, or Scapegoat. All 3 work pretty well to describe Keiichi's memo from Onikakushi, neh?)
Warning Sticker: If you don't listen to our warning, you'll suffer a cruel reptentence. (They show a yellow sticker like a street crossing sign, showing Rena chasing Keiichi with a cleaver, denoting: "Frequent Rena Appearance Warning")

Maybe that's why the shipping cost is $8... :laugh:

Squirrellord

• ?????????????
  • Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2008, 01:03:22 PM »
Foggle sent me this link earlier today:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-30/3rd-higurashi-tentatively-slated-as-rei-video-series

Basically, Higurashi season 3 is going to be an OVA! I've always said Higurashi would be better as an OVA anyway.
Also, I found this earlier today:
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/umineko/index.htm

What's this what's this? The announcement of Frontier Works (Higurashi Kai animator) working on an Umineko project? HELL YEAH. It doesn't specifically announce an anime, just "media", but the possibility is pretty darn great!

Rika-chama

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »
It would still be cool to see animated versions of the manga only sotry arcs  :il_hahaha: Also I really want to cellect the Dvds >.> and I can't wait for the live action

Mas

• Emergency food supply
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2008, 01:29:36 AM »
I haven't seen the 2nd season yet, but I absolutely loved the 1st one. What made it even more great for me was that I was half-asleep when I saw it for the first time. And after sitting through all 26 episodes, I had the weirdest dreams...

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »
^^ I get so out of touch with reality because of that. It's crazy.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2008, 02:59:05 PM »
I've been procrastinating and procrastinating some more about buying this. One of the main reasons was the uncertainty with what was going on with Geneon USA at the time - That's been ironed out as I'm sure most know by now. But now there's another reason: The $37.99 price tag attached to each volume here at HMV. I can't understand how or why this series is so exceptionally expensive compared to other titles. O.o

Upon checking out the Funimation site last night, I saw a possible light at the end of the tunnel. Finally! (or perhaps I was dreaming of lying down on the operating table in a O.R. with the huge, bright light above my head with a crazy-eyeddoctorwieldingalargebloodycleaver............. er.. :D)

For those interested, a series box set of When They Cry is listed as "Coming Soon". Obviously it'll be a much cheaper way to go for those on a budget.

Of course, I'm just hoping the wait for it won't be toooo long. :e_crying: I've procrastinated so much, my procrastinations are procrastinating!

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
I'm waiting for a box set as well.  I've seen it all, so I can wait, and it's a series that isn't as highly rewatchable for me.  I love it, but it's not something I slide into my disc drive when I just feel like watching a show.  Also I usually wait for Box sets, the only times I haven't done so was with Haruhi, Vandread, and Black Lagoon.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

UNOwen

• Emergency food supply
  • Odin's Nemesis
    • View Profile
    • AMV Blitz!
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2008, 03:19:13 AM »
I've been picking them up as they go. Though, a box set is fine, too.

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
I love watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry) very late at night, and then it gives me nightmares.

I watched volumes 4 and 5 twice, and was still shocked by the revelations, especially the whole "Eye Opening" Chapter.  Eye opening, indeed.  I eagerly await volume 6 and the 2nd & 3rd seasons.

E^D

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2008, 11:41:22 PM »
I'm watching it. On episode 21 of the first season.

8|

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »
Finished it, now on to the second season!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »
I'm watching it. On episode 21 of the first season.

8|
Finished it, now on to the second season!
*is somewhat envious*

heh... Of course I could always find it and watch it online, but I've made a promise with myself not to.
Hope the first season gets the boxed set treatment soon. I'm dyin' here. X_x

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »
Just finished it.

Holy crap Higurashi was everything I was hoping for and more! AMAZING!