Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126114 times)

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »
My storyboarding class is a pain right now. We're doing this stupid project based on a Disney professional designers contest where we group up and design a ride or a theme restaurant and create unique backgrounds and a storyboard to show what the costumers will experience. I dunno WHY were doing this in the first place since we're not even going to submit our work to them...plus one of my group members is EXTREMELY incompetent.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 21, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
In that case Kill them

Taste

• just slips away
  • Emergency food supply
  • just slips away
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 21, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »
I would, but out of freakin' nowhere he finally dropped the class today *thank god!* and we ended up with another member who's fairly decent. Fun fact: My teacher finally dropped the bomb that while we are not going to submit the work, we will have actual Disney employees give us feedback on our finished project. Great, that's all I need; the almighty judgment from members of the mouse cult to stab my confidence (and this is a junior college class fer pete's sake..). On a positive note, my check is coming tomorrow and it look's like they didn't reduce it like I expected them too, which means hellooooooo Wacom tablet!

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #678 on: April 22, 2010, 04:55:19 AM »
If it makes you feel any better, i'm quite envious about the position you're in atm, i'd give alot to come that far alone...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »
I feel miserable, I'm gonna have to move out with no job so it might be difficult but I can't stay under the same roof as my parents for much longer

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 26, 2010, 02:36:42 PM »
Wish you luck HA1L, you're not in a very funny position atm, hope you get into something stable soon...

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #681 on: April 26, 2010, 04:27:12 PM »
I'm gonna have to move out
You have to move out with no job?! That's horrible! O_o

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 26, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »
I feel miserable, I'm gonna have to move out with no job so it might be difficult but I can't stay under the same roof as my parents for much longer

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I know the feeling, though I have a job - minimum wage mind you, but barely scraping by while trying to take care of my disabled mother and all her issues. Hang in there man, I know it's a terrible situation but keep up the fight. Hope is all that keeps me going, too.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2010, 01:13:19 AM »
I have a friend in a similar situation as you Elric, his father had a stroke not that long ago and it left him brain damaged so he's struggling to look after him and he's unemployed aswell.

my situation though is differant. My parents want to move house, our house is now sold and my mum is looking at local houses to let while my dad is setting his sights on moving back to the south west to either Cornwall, Devon or Dorset. Me I don't wanna move south and at the moment I'm being treated like a slave and, being unemploed and at home most of the time, am getting shouted at alot even if I'm not to blame.

So really I'm getting fed up of it and just want to stay in the Midlands then in a few years time move northwards.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:03 PM »
sorry I'm double posting but I have had an improvement over the house thing

I looked into housing benefits and really it actually makes it easier for me to move out now I just have one snag.........got to wait till I'm 25 which means I have to wait till November the 25the and after

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 30, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
Hopefully things work out as you plan then ..!

PlanR

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
Hey, HA1l Ilpalazzo. Man, that situation you have sounds familiar to me, a little bit at least.
I left my people at home two years ago. But I guess, it was the best thing to happen.
However, I move into another apartment this month, but this will kill all my savings or in the worst case get me in the red numbers. And that means I finally need a job again...

Well, yeah... man, at least it never gets boring, huh?!
it is no small art to sleep: for that purpose you must keep awake all day, Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2010, 02:18:01 PM »
true but I still am after a new job it's just being able to find places to live will help me greatly. I've just been looking at flats in Loughborough which is north north east and 20 miles away of me but it's a start.

PlanR

• Unemployed
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 03, 2010, 05:36:40 PM »
I read they have a locomotives factory there. I bet that would pay off quite good...
Anyway, with no income on a regular base they maybe won't let you sign the lease so easily. I'm not aware how they actually treat this in the UK, but I guess it's the same anywhere. They wont their rent. I needed a surety.
Well, I thought that's maybe good to know, if you didn't already.   :elangry: I didn't...
it is no small art to sleep: for that purpose you must keep awake all day, Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
Another busy day in work, grr, post opening, scanning, indexing, post opening and ph more scanning, it's lovely working in a bloody awful council builing in south west england. (crap job crap job and oh crap job).