Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126310 times)

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2009, 08:16:33 AM »
So for the first time in over five years, I'm getting ready for an algebra test. For a glorified (salaried) customer service job. TOTALLY LAME, GUYS. I always convinced myself that in the real world I wouldn't need to know calculate the size of a flagpole by measuring a near-by picket fence. OH HOW WRONG YOU WERE, PAST!ME...
...At least the IQ Test was fun!
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #256 on: October 27, 2009, 09:09:23 AM »

HEY, HATTERESS. Can you log into the chat now? I know you were experiencing some trouble.

I got in the other day, so I think it's OK now.
^Awesome! I'll catch you on there one of these days. ^^
*gets net ready*
What..?
:e_tongue:

So for the first time in over five years, I'm getting ready for an algebra test. For a glorified (salaried) customer service job. TOTALLY LAME, GUYS. I always convinced myself that in the real world I wouldn't need to know calculate the size of a flagpole by measuring a near-by picket fence. OH HOW WRONG YOU WERE, PAST!ME...
...At least the IQ Test was fun!
You have to do an algebra test for this customer service job? Wow.. I've never heard of this happening to anyone before. O_o

However, I did do an IQ test once when I applied to a new Canadian Tire store a while back (Canadian Tire is basically like a Walmart except it also deals with auto parts).

----

Last Saturday night I went to a cousins wedding reception. It wasn't at all what I was expecting because my cousin has a party animal kinda personality.. I was expecting a somewhat wild party.

But, oh my god, was it ever boring! I chalk this up to the bride's family who.. well.. seem to be a conservative bunch for the most part. The father of the bride had three full pages of a speech he read on the mic.. word for WORD. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it felt like a good fifteen minutes before he finally wrapped it up. I felt somewhat bad for the ol' guy because he kept losing place as he read. This made people in the hall start to giggle at his expense, including myself (I'll bet someone here has experienced something similar once or twice. lol!) A shame though. I know he had to be very proud of his daughter.. but.... THREE FULL PAGES! WORD FOR BLOODY WORD. ugh..!

It's not that the evening was too horribly dry as far as wedding receptions go. There was a few laughs to be had and some music. It was just a lot less than I was expecting from my "wild" cousin. :e_confused:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #257 on: October 29, 2009, 04:43:19 PM »
Man oh man, Halloween's a coming and still no costume... Again. Maybe I should try dressing like that guy from my favorite commercial and use it as an excuse to hit people with dipsticks. "Think with yer dipstick, Jimmy!".
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 03:16:38 PM by Mad Hatteress »

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 29, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »
I second the Halloween lament-- my con is starting tomorrow and I failed at the hyatt skirt at the last minute. I was going to give up, then got guilted. Fudge knuckles.
Now Hyatt may have a tight lavender skirt instead of floofy pleated one. But ya know what? Pample doesn't care. Half the youngins dressing as Shonen Jump characters don't remember what Hyatt wears anyways. Or Excel Saga at all for that matter. So nyaaaaaah.
This may be the first time I pull an all-nighter since college. Way to grow up, me. :il_hahaha:
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2009, 01:16:21 AM »
I demand photos, man ..!

I mean WOman !!!
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2009, 06:32:03 AM »
I was thinking of shaving my head and tattooing a bar-code on the back (and of course wearing a cool suit to go along with it) for Halloween, but I'll probably just do that next year and not give a shit this time around (just like the past, what? Five years?).

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2009, 06:57:14 AM »
^ Agent 47 by any chance, any hows all have good halloween as I will be going on my short weekend monthly break to the wonderful town of Chard

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2009, 05:58:42 PM »
Have a Happy Halloween, everyone!

I want to see pictures of your costumes, so please post them.

I will be going to New York City walking in the parade, for the 3rd year in a row.

Here are some pics from my ghost, last year:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=68806647&albumId=2546592

and some pics from '06/'07, Death the Grim Reaper:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=68806647&albumId=2384857

This year, I will be a Plague Doctor.  That should scare the hell out of the kids and old ladies.  X^D

I <3 Halloween

E^D

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »
Shortly I'll be taking a walk down the street armed with my camera. One of my neighbors goes a bit crazy on how she decorates her front lawn for Halloween each year..
What she does is almost TOO much, but I'll try to digress on that matter (won't be easy though!!) :il_hahaha:

I'll post pics here later in an hour or so..

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »

I'll post pics here later in an hour or so..

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to them.

EDIT: Boo... It's 8PM and still no pics! :excel_fall:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 06:18:11 PM by Mad Hatteress »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2009, 07:02:58 PM »
^heh... Sorry. I got wrapped up in doing a few things. ^^;;

bleah.. Really have to apologise for the blurriness on first few pics.

View from across the street.. (It's so blurry, they could be Christmas decorations. lol)

Her giant spiders (about 4 of them) are on the hill..

This may not look like much, but this is a giant orange flag on her flagpole featuring a black spider on it. It was windy tonight so it looked rather menacing from a distance with the little bit of light shining on it.

Another horrible pic. This is a view coming up her driveway. You'll have to trust me when I say it looks far better in person.

Spooky pumpkin coach. You can see the eyes of one of her many gargoyles lit up behind.

These are giant rats. Not sure how many she has.

I'd say *thinks* something like eight years ago, this lady who decorates her front lawn like this had her husband pass away unexpectedly. She's been doing this extreme Halloween decorating thing ever since. It's a huge hit with the local kids and adults alike. I see people stopping their cars and taking pictures nearly every day each October. She obviously has a lot of fun doing all this work. These pics do very little justice to her display.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 07:07:04 PM by Lord Il »

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #266 on: November 01, 2009, 01:42:14 AM »
Those are some heavy decorations man :D
The giant Spider was a cool touch, hahaha :D
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #267 on: November 01, 2009, 09:11:51 AM »
Those are some heavy decorations man :D
Yeah, very heavy, Micki! lol!
I really think she kinda overdoes it just a bit considering the size of her front yard. I've nicknamed her 'crazy lady', but not for mean intentions.

A lot of the bigger decorations (like the spiders) are inflatables. They're each wired with a mini electric fan to keep them inflated and most have internal lighting systems.

I think the coolest thing she tried doing a couple years ago was putting one of those giant spiders on the rooftop of her house. While it looked absolutely incredible, I think she had an issue with securing it properly and the winds blowing it off. She's never tried doing that again unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 09:17:16 AM by Lord Il »

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 01, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »
Here is the pic I used for my avatar, from before the parade.

I'll have more, sometime later.  Anyone else have pics of their costumes?

On an strange note, about halfway through the parade, one of the spectators yells out "Hi, Crow!" as I walk by, so I turn quick and wave, and I hear her say: "See, I knew it." or something to that effect.

The only places I use this name are here, and the Mario Kart forums.  I have no idea who it could have been.  It's a mystery, it is!

E^D
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 11:06:01 AM by E^D Crow »

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #269 on: November 01, 2009, 12:25:12 PM »
Holy smokes! Those were epic, Il!