Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126155 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #705 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:42 AM »
If i opened a bookstore, i'd fill it with all the books I liked, sure wouldn't be much selection.

On a 'nother note, i've come to despair. I've had my heart set on a Cloud with Hardy Daytona figure, but decided that one i painted myself would be cheaper for materials, plus it would use up the model building skills i've been building. Someone on eBay is selling an original model kit 13 years old, but he won't ship to Australia. Why??????????????????? IM MAD!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 16, 2010, 08:41:11 AM »
bookshops fine, I'm after world conquest

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #707 on: June 16, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »
If i opened a bookstore, i'd fill it with all the books I liked, sure wouldn't be much selection.

On a 'nother note, i've come to despair. I've had my heart set on a Cloud with Hardy Daytona figure, but decided that one i painted myself would be cheaper for materials, plus it would use up the model building skills i've been building. Someone on eBay is selling an original model kit 13 years old, but he won't ship to Australia. Why??????????????????? IM MAD!
hmm.. The seller might've been once beaten up by a kangaroo. :e_wink:

Yeah, that's it!
A kangaroo might've beat up the seller some time ago.
And now that person is prejudiced to ever send anything to Australia? :e_tongue:

Seriously, I do find that strange though.

bookshops fine, I'm after world conquest
Good luck with that. lol!

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 17, 2010, 03:17:05 AM »
hmm.. The seller might've been once beaten up by a kangaroo. :e_wink:

Yeah, that's it!
A kangaroo might've beat up the seller some time ago.
And now that person is prejudiced to ever send anything to Australia? :e_tongue:

Seriously, I do find that strange though.

I'd believe that. Kangaroo's are scary. They DO kill people. I don't trust them with their beady eyes and the way they hang in packs.

Alot of people just don't ship overseas. They'd sell the item, so i don't know why they couldn't be bothered.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 18, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
Skippy the bush killer kangeroo

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #710 on: June 18, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »
Wooo..! Go me!
I finally have my replacment PS2 laser ordered. At the same time, I ordered up a PS3 laser to fix my nephew's system. I'm repairing them both myself to save us money and to just learn how to do it.
I'm confident this'll work. :ehail: No sweat!
:e_wink:

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 19, 2010, 12:33:41 PM »
Let us know if ps 2 laser replacement is an easy job my aunties be asking me if I fix my cousins ps2

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #712 on: June 19, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
Will do!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #713 on: July 03, 2010, 03:31:40 PM »
My PS2 laser replacement mission was a complete success! It's now working as good as the day I bought it. It's a relatively easy repair and supposedly, the replacement laser is better quality than the original.

I'll post details in my PS2 thread in "Games" in the near future.

Also, I broke down and decided to buy a new LCD HP monitor to replace my old CRT. The price was right and couldn't resist.
... I have... so much room on my comp desk now..!  :e_shocked: The hell am I going to do with all this newfound space?? Omg.. :il_hahaha:

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 05, 2010, 01:07:40 AM »
I wish I had a PS2. ._.

Well, technically I do, but it turned out to be broken when I got it, and a look on the internet tells me the motherboard's probably fried, so I'd be better off getting a new one.

Too bad the only work I can do right now is freelancing, and it seems with the freelancing site I'm working from no one will hire you to even change a light bulb without at least 4 years professional experience in changing light bulbs.
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2010, 01:53:08 PM »
I wish I had a PS2. ._.

Well, technically I do, but it turned out to be broken when I got it, and a look on the internet tells me the motherboard's probably fried, so I'd be better off getting a new one.
Give me the symptoms your PS2 is suffering from. I'm curious.
Hope you didn't pay too much for it.

Too bad the only work I can do right now is freelancing, and it seems with the freelancing site I'm working from no one will hire you to even change a light bulb without at least 4 years professional experience in changing light bulbs.
Getting your foot in the door can be difficult. But sometimes it can depend a lot on who you know and if you can get good references to back you up.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 07, 2010, 08:56:48 AM »
Wish I had a decent laptop that could play gta 4, assassins creed 2 and the new prince of persia game, lack of funds though at the moment.

super llama

• Giant Enemy Llama
  • Pedophile Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 17, 2010, 12:55:33 AM »
Well, after selling off a bunch of old textbooks (seriously, I ended up with about 33 textbooks for 2 years worth of classes, many of which I never used, and some of which are even still in their shrink wrap,) I think I might finally have enough money to get a replacement PS2 and some games.

Persona 4, here I come! =D
All these college professors teaching classes about Shakespeare, who was the 16th-century equivalent of a director of summer-blockbusters, makes me wonder if 500 years from now we'll have college courses on the subtle nuances of Michael Bay movies.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #718 on: August 14, 2010, 01:23:50 PM »
I swear, I don't think spambots are even trying anymore.

Check this out: Would you actually give registration approval to a register with an email like "wealthyaffiliateuniversityscam.com"??
:il_hahaha:

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 14, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »
kinda down at the moment, the book shop idea is deffinatly not happening now and still jobless :-( just another day in paradise