Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 150614 times)

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2010, 01:49:59 AM »
I finally, finally got Eureka Seven! I've bought odd copies that tell me nothing about the actual story, but now it makes sense and I like Renton a fraction more(which makes the show more watchable). I always like Dominic and Anemone, they're the best characters. Urgh, but I just remembered the scene with the dismembered arm... shudders.... wasn't this show aired at 8AM on Sunday in Japan?

And I got Gurren Laggan. Only 10 episodes in. I can't believe HE died! WAH!
But I like Viral the best. He has Madarame's voice.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #721 on: February 27, 2010, 12:29:24 AM »
And I got Gurren Laggan. Only 10 episodes in. I can't believe HE died! WAH!
But I like Viral the best. He has Madarame's voice.

WOOO!!! Have fun.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »
Bought my self the death note relight I haven't got around to seeing it yet though.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 02, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »
Watching death note relight not a bad way of compiling death note into 2 hours and 10 minutes, doesn't quite cover the bit after l's death though.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #724 on: March 03, 2010, 04:44:51 PM »
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

OMG, I NEED to get into Hellsing! Just happened to find a clip that looked interesting on youtube and I am now in love with Rip Van Winkle. She has a beautiful singing voice, her character design is WONDERFUL, and, best of all, she's unbelievably psychotic. GYAAAAAAH! I. Just. Freaking. Love. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

Hmmm... Her English dub voice is pretty darn good!

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #725 on: March 03, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »
^lol! Crazy characters are the best. Very entertaining.
The unpredictability is always a blast.

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 04, 2010, 02:12:16 AM »
I finished the rest of Gurren Lagann in one afternoon and night.
Oh, it so GOOD!
What is so awesome about TTGL is that whenever an anime makes a mecha parody, it has the same themes this show has. The split personality character, the inspiration, the fanservice character, the rival, and also that girly music that plays during the final boss fight(I hate that music by the way. It doesn't fit). But nonetheless, the show rocks! It's so clique it rules.
And i was so blase at first.
Also, i can't help but smile when i think of Madarame making Gundam quotes and hearing his voice actor use such lines seriously.

I also recieved the complete set of Rurouni Kenshin. I'm a bit underwhelmed so far, I expected more. Also the op and ed has weird music that should be playing in sailor moon.

Poey

• Head of City Security
  • Retired Admin
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #727 on: March 04, 2010, 10:13:11 AM »
Glad you liked it. GL kicks ass.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 04, 2010, 10:24:50 AM »
Ruroni Kenshin becomes much stronger in the second into third season with the Makoto arc, but as a long series it suffers from many of the same problems as all long anime series - namely a large amount of filler, not Bleach or Naruto bad, but still quite a bit of fluff. Secondly, the opening season had some growing pains, and the music gets better later on, but then thirdly it suffers a bit of a long, drawn-out death as the series quality declines, ending in some if I remember correctly rather pointless episodes. However when it's good, it's very good, but it will likely never make my "Must Buy" list.

Gurren Lagaan, otoh, is one I will be looking to own once I have some disposable income, which is non-existent right now for me.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Uncreativity

• Solarian Princess
  • Dept of City Security
  • KANIMISO!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 04, 2010, 11:05:06 AM »
I hardly watch anime at all anymore, but I'm enjoying Durarara. I've also started reading the first novel, with the goal of reading it faster than Baka-Tsuki can translate it, but I've been too swamped with schoolwork lately to get more than a couple pages in.

I actually try to race with Excel Saga releases by reading the Japanese volumes before they come out in English, too (I've never won, though I came close with volume 20), but I've been having a tough semester so I've scaled myself back to easier reads, like Slayers manga and the Disgaea 3 webcomic. This is my first attempt at a light novel, so I'm excited.

BUT I DIGRESS. Durarara is pretty awesome thus far. Makes me wonder why I've never watched Baccano.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #730 on: March 05, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »
Oh, the nostalgia!

Got to watch almost two discs from the Outlaw Star box set I bought. It's over ten years old, so it is starting to show it's age a bit animation wise. It's not so bad that it takes away from the show, but it would've been nice to see it look as snazzy as Cowboy Bebop.

However, for a more serious negative, as an adult I'm able to notice that the show doesn't seem to be translated well. There are several awkward lines as well as ones that just don't make that much sense. Oh well! I still love it!

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »
I hardly watch anime at all anymore
Same here. I haven't watched any anime period since November, unless you factor Umineko and Mars of Destruction into the equation (both of which I'd love to forget ASAP).

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 06, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
I am undecide in what to watch next, money being the obvious problem at moment

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #733 on: March 12, 2010, 06:30:43 AM »
Finished up Outlaw Star and felt pretty bummed about that afterwords. I want to see more! It was rumored that Viz had licensed the manga years back but nothing was ever released. I still find it odd no company tried to make money off of it while it was appearing on Toonami.

I realized I never even opened my box set for Magic Knight Rayearth II, so I did so and watched a few eps. There's very little animation, and a lot of people standing around talking, but I guess it's OK considering I got it for dirt cheap.

exckilla

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 12, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »
The more I watch ultimate hellsing volume 4 one question still burns, whats with the weird little hitler youth kittie ear lad, apart from tha fact his annoying