Author Topic: What's the last anime you've seen?  (Read 141697 times)

E^D Crow

• Rev. Fr. Big Orange Nose Grabber, ACROSS chaplain
  • Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
Re: What's the last anime you've seen?
« Reply #510 on: April 18, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
Agent Aika.  Worst.  Dub.  Ever.  I couldn't take it.  I mean, Rionwould be all hyper and yelling, with a scary face, and the english actress was reading the script.  No emotion, whatsoever.

More good dubs:  Mahoromatic.  Cromarti High School.  The Gokusen.  Princess Tutu; I love Mr. Cat's lisped, English voice!  Kino's Journey.  Mezzo.  Welcome to the NHK.  Kanon; Aunt Akiko's voice is so pleasant.  Yumeria, really, it is, y'know?

_____

I watched Mazinkaiser...  Meh.  I can tell they tried hard, but I thought it was kind of silly.

Also watched Burn Up Excess.  Like all the other Burn Up I've seen, I liked it.  Action packed, and silly, in a good way.

E^D

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 21, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »
I watched a little Gatchaman today--what a blast from the past!  I was a Battle of the Planets fan in high school and even learned to play some of the background/theme music on my band trumpet. I thought I'd have trouble getting used to the new dub, but apart from Jinpei/Keyop, they're not all that different to what I was used to.

DEFENSE!! DEFENSE!!___OFFENSE!! OFFENSE!!

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 21, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
Naruto and the stone of gele was the last anime I saw, not has good has the movie before naruto in the land of snow

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 22, 2009, 04:31:04 PM »
I watched Burn up excess first. it was among the first anime's i've watched and bought. As a 13 year old it freaked me out just a tad, you know, cross dressers and fan service, but it grew on me.
great dub too - love rio's voice, expressive. Better than burn up warrior, which was too dark. Did love the art in warrior though. especially maria.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 24, 2009, 08:24:53 AM »
Finally saw the last disc of Death Note yesterday--very intense!  Definitely high on my list of brilliant series.

Now I've started on Negima! which is total cuteness: he's like the illegitimate son of Harry Potter and Chiyo-chan. :D  Hope Rightstuf still has it on sale for $24, I think I want my own copy. I may wait to watch the rest till I have my own...a few other new series to watch and see if they can be showed to a mixed audience including minors and possibly even parents at the next library anime event.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #515 on: April 24, 2009, 02:50:28 PM »
I watched a little Gatchaman today--what a blast from the past!  I was a Battle of the Planets fan in high school
Same here. And even earlier than high school. Kids would fake being sick to stay home from school to see it weekdays. :il_hahaha:

I remember how shocked I was at learning how much the old Battle Of The Planets dub was reworked from the original Gatchaman. Scary, I tell you.

Now I've started on Negima! which is total cuteness: he's like the illegitimate son of Harry Potter and Chiyo-chan. :D 
I saw Negima! just recently. It has a whimsical type feel throughout the series. Fun to watch from episode to episode.

And I agree, the whole premise of this is cute. Aside from the magic thing, having a ten year old boy teaching a class of teen girls, you just KNOW the hijinks will be aplenty. Things were often rocky, but Negi's eventual relationship with the girls was a beautiful one of strong respect. Negi's entire class became like an extended family to him.
Fun stuff.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 24, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »
I found that Negima!? is just as good as Negima!, even though they're a bit different.  When I heard that Negima!? would have less fan-service, I wondered where it was in the first series.  I think !? has more fanservice then !, but there really isn't that much, anyway and there shouldn't be.  Not really that kind of show.

E^D

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #517 on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
^I heard the same. And I don't understand the deal with the fanservice thing either.
Don't know.. Perhaps I'm getting too desensitized, but I can't recall much fanservice in Negima!

What I do know is that the Negima! manga series at the local Chapters bookstore is rated "For Mature Audiences 16+" and are sealed in plastic. O_o This leads me to believe the manga could be a bit ecchi.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 24, 2009, 08:28:00 PM »
if it's ken akamatsu, it's ecchi. Hey, is Negima over, or soon to be over? I like ken akamatsu, don't watch Negima(don't convice me to), but wondering if he's writing any new stories or anything.

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 27, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »
Now this is annoying...somewhere along my great anime binge, I could swear I saw an episode of something where some villainous guy had a Medusa that kept turning the characters to stone before they could defeat it.  I also have a vague idea i was falling asleep or reading e-mail or something, not paying much attention to it, and I can't for the life of me remember what show it was from.

Started Yumeria on the assurance that it gets funnier as you go along.  Am two-thirds through and getting pretty bored with harems, fanservice, and fighting rather dull enemy mecha. It's amusing in spots, but not likely to become a favorite.

I quit Negima for the moment because I've ordered my own copy and don't need to tie up the library's.

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 02, 2009, 01:47:56 PM »
Bough naruto series 2,3 and 5 andd got series 6 part 1, so I finally got to see the epic battle between naruto and sasuke and it certainly impressed me

Inkwolf

• Social Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 07, 2009, 05:43:42 PM »
Hmm, not too many of us watching anime this week, eh?  I just had my Anime Afternoon at the library last Saturday, so I have seen too much to list.  :im_nabeshin:

But at home, I'm finally watching Galaxy Angel X--slow going because it's mostly subtitled, so I can only watch it when I can gve my full attention. When I want casual background anime, I'm rewatching what Ranma stuff I have.

Randamo

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 08, 2009, 12:03:53 AM »
i havent bought anything new in ages, this time i bought this ugly yet beautiful world. First impressions got me 'thinking this is gonna be epic', but it turned out to be kinda lame. Plus I found the innecessary fanservice annoying.
Evil hikari kept me watching though, I thought she could turn the show around in the final episodes, but, she didn't.

E^D Crow

• Head of City Security
  • Do Not Read This!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 09, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »
I kind of liked This Ugly Yet Beautiful World.  Not an instant classic, and much different then I expected, but not unwatchable.

Picked up D.Grey-Man, watched about 6 episodes so far.  I read that the episode count is over 100, and I can see why.  It kind of drags things out.  It's quite accurate to the manga (story and character designs), but a lot of the action moments happen off-camera.  I may keep up with it, I'll have to watch the rest, then decide.

E^D

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
« Reply #524 on: May 09, 2009, 10:12:29 AM »
Watched a few Episodes of Magical Shopping arcade Abenobashi...
Hey, i loved the english voice cast, the dialect gives them a real personality for a change imo... Perhaps it's just the variety from the other usual english voices i heard in animes that eventually grew generic to me...

I should get Evangelion sometime, the old and the new series... As well as the full series of GTO and Cowboy Bebop... :o
I'll get one at a time i guess... It's getting expensive, haha...
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'