Author Topic: Pissing me off....  (Read 8605 times)

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
Re: Pissing me off....
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 01:57:11 PM »
damnit, Vol 7 came out in 2001 the anime ended in 2000. But if you remember Elgala was first mentioned in vol.1 of excel saga

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.
                 -Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
  • Damn, a security crate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 01:59:18 PM »
im reading the publication on the manga volume but hold on let me look at wiki one sec

The "Kingdom of Elgala" thing?

He probably just put that in there as a joke (it's named after Fukuoka's Elgala Hall) and then later decided to name a character after it.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
Im sure Rikdo had some idea as to where he wanted Excel Saga to go and knew what characters he wanted to add..

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 02:07:28 PM »
Im sure Rikdo had some idea as to where he wanted Excel Saga to go and knew what characters he wanted to add..

Yes, indeed.  That's evident by the presence of the Daitenzin suits in volume 2.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 02:36:52 PM »
I just dont get why these people allow and in the case of rikdo "want" it to be different! Its not only a insult to the fans of the original work but to the creators themselves!

The stories of the original work are the only true work and should be the only thing in the change to anime, anything less or off ISNT the real work. Its a fake, cheap, imitation that might as well have been done by some half assed fanscript (and god knows ive seen some fanscripts that have kicked anime's ass)

-Kyon

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 03:20:54 PM »
I just dont get why these people allow and in the case of rikdo "want" it to be different! Its not only a insult to the fans of the original work but to the creators themselves!

The stories of the original work are the only true work and should be the only thing in the change to anime, anything less or off ISNT the real work. Its a fake, cheap, imitation that might as well have been done by some half assed fanscript (and god knows ive seen some fanscripts that have kicked anime's ass)

In most cases it's because the manga is still being published (it's like basing a film on a book half written) but some of the anime are better then the manga, a good example being Martian Successor Nadesico. The manga sucks but the anime is a major classic. I never heard of the manga because it wasn't spoken of so when I got all 4 volumes I wasn't surprised why it wasn't spoken much of.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »
Argh then why dont they just wait until the work is finished, it just helps increase the fanbase more and will be a bigger hit when its finally released

-Kyon

Randamo

• Special Municipal Force Daitenzin Member
  • You're not my Master Chief, and that's okay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:19:27 AM »
i gotta admit that there are heaps of manga i wish were like the books, but they have to keep note of things like time restriction, popularity of characters, so they can show the popular ones and not the unpopular and whether they realise plot holes and stuff that doesnt make much sense on reflection.
anime that is exactly the same makes the manga boring, but anime that isn't like the book makes the anime boring...they just can't win can they?
what they should do is have the first part in manga and have an anime spinoff that continues the story.

HA1L ILPALLAZZO

• I have returned
  • Spam Master
  • HA1L ILPALAZZO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 10:59:52 AM »
Argh then why dont they just wait until the work is finished, it just helps increase the fanbase more and will be a bigger hit when its finally released

so you wouldn't minded to have waited god knows when until Excel Saga was done (which could be god knows when) to see an anime. I reckon most of us on here got into Excel Saga through the anime.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
That is actually very true. Only two anime I have ever seen that I had first read part of the manga before watching it was Karin and Love Hina

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 03:06:53 PM »

so you wouldn't minded to have waited god knows when until Excel Saga was done (which could be god knows when) to see an anime. I reckon most of us on here got into Excel Saga through the anime.

Correct.  I would not be typing this very sentence if the anime (actually Puni Puni Poemy, but that's a long story) did not exist.

ElricJC

• Part-Time Monkey God
  • Head of City Security
  • Burn, baby, burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 03:33:19 PM »
Ditto, I had never heard of the Excel Saga manga until I was told about this "really f*cked up anime I just had to see" as it was told to me, and then I watched it, hunted down the manga and here I am.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »
Puni Puni Poemy could have still existed

-Kyon

Foggle

• Mr. Pink
  • Administrator
  • Senior Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 03:51:41 PM »
Puni Puni Poemy could have still existed

I highly doubt it, considering all of the Excel Saga references and the presence of Nabeshin.

skycloud

• Author
  • Dept of City Security
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 06:42:51 PM »
but the joke was PPP was made specifically for the person that played Menchi who didnt like the idea of playing something with so little lines was made to play the fish in PPP

-Kyon