Author Topic: Chit Chat thread  (Read 126220 times)

MincyMatsu

• Don't leave out the "!"
  • Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
  • On the internet, no one can hear you scream
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duke4.net
Re: Chit Chat thread
« Reply #285 on: November 05, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »
Ohh :o

Don't bid yourself dry of money now :(
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

Lord Il

• Spam Master
  • We are .org. Resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #286 on: November 05, 2009, 02:02:44 PM »
^lol! It was just a spur of the moment thing I thought I'd do. If I had planned things better there would've been better quality pics, me tinks.

@E^D Crow: Love that look!!! How about some close-ups. XD

Ask, and ye shall receive.  I might find more, but there are about 20 pictures from the before and during parade.  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=68806647&albumId=2977772

Also, you can see pics of all the other maniacs who marched out there in the rain here:  http://photos.halloween-nyc.com/

E^D
For some reason I'm really liking the ones where you're just nonchalantly sitting on the bench by yourself. It's as though your character is contemplating something absolutely evil. XD

The overall look is great. Good job!

Through collaborative effort, we might be able to find the highest bidder, take the shirt away from him/her, and additionally steal their chocolate supplies...

Actually, the person who outbid me asked a question about how much it would be to ship to where they, live, which is Quebec, Canada.

...In other words, Lord Il, seek! seek! KILL!
*cracks knuckles* I'm on my way..

Silly Canadians think they can get away with stuff like this. Why, I oughta...
:e_tongue:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #287 on: November 05, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
Ohh :o

Don't bid yourself dry of money now :(

If it goes up anymore I'll quit.

*Hisses* STAY AWAY FROM MY AUCTION, BITCHES, OR...

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 05, 2009, 05:46:22 PM »
That made me laugh, like for real :D

exckilla

• ACROSS SUPER SECRET COMMANDER
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 06, 2009, 06:12:53 AM »
I only ever tried bidding once, never bothered again

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2009, 09:25:25 AM »
I hate weekends. No one's ever here to play with me :(

In other news I'm still currently the high bidder on that sweater but that's sooo much to pay... Argh... I almost hope that other person snipes me at the last minuet and claims it. I'll be heartbroken but at least I'll still have that money in my pocket.

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »
^Think I found the auction you're bidding on.
Would this be the one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tintin-Milou-Sweater_W0QQitemZ270478971927QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9cd9417

Hatteress, I was at the comic shop today having a looksee and found six cold cast Tintin figures in the stores' glass display case for sale. I knew you'd go crazy for these. ^^

Oh, and Micki!, in the same case, I saw a kick-ass Xenomorph alien too. The tail was HUGE and had green Predator blood on the tip of it.

You two should've been here today. Really.

Pamplemousse

• That Office Lady!
  • Toilet Cleaner
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2009, 10:07:10 PM »
ARGH! I deleted all my convention pictures by accident a few hours ago. Miwa is no more on my camera. But I think a friend took duplicates, so semi-meh.
Haha, I think today is just a lucky shopping day for everyone, Il! I know I had a great time rummaging through old books and I found some cool stuff, though nothing tintin or alien... XD
I, Pamplemousse, do not believe in alligators.

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2009, 03:24:59 AM »
Oh no go for m Lord Il :x
I love the Original Predator movie, and i love the Alien movies (Alien Resurrection ..? What's that..? Stop being silly, hah hah)

But the AVP movies make me cry... The figure implies it's that alien in the first AVP movie who impaled a Predator... Cool scene, but silly pointless broken movie nontheless

I'd rather not own anything related or pointing to any sort of "fandom" to the AVP movies...

I do have an excellent 19" tall Alien figure in my room as it is though, i just... need another... This one i have is from the first movie you see, i need one of the second movie too (Yeah they look different grr) They both look quite stunning, i just need many monies, and a place to order it for a reasonable price...

Then i can make some gay Xenomorph love photos...  :il_hahaha:

:hdead:

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2009, 07:04:43 AM »
Would this be the one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tintin-Milou-Sweater_W0QQitemZ270478971927QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9cd9417

Eeep! Shh! I always get paranoid if I reveal what I'm bidding on openly someone will be like "Oh, neat! I like that too! I think I shall bid on it as well!". I'm just so miffed at that one troglodyte who also bid and drove the price up.

I actually dreamed about the damn thing last night! That sweater is just so rare and I'm scared this will only be my chance to get it! The price just better not rise to $315 dollars like it did in my dream! It was horrible because for some reason I just couldn't stop bidding!

Hatteress, I was at the comic shop today having a looksee and found six cold cast Tintin figures in the stores' glass display case for sale. I knew you'd go crazy for these. ^^

O_O And I suppose if they were fairly priced there's no way you would buy them for me and I could pay you back?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:12:14 AM by Mad Hatteress »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #295 on: November 08, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »
ARGH! I deleted all my convention pictures by accident a few hours ago. Miwa is no more on my camera. But I think a friend took duplicates, so semi-meh.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......!:pedronooo:
T_T

But the AVP movies make me cry... The figure implies it's that alien in the first AVP movie who impaled a Predator... Cool scene, but silly pointless broken movie nontheless
You and me both. I'd say the first AVP movie was the worst - waaayyyyy too cheesy. Pure sacrilege! Fans wanted to see this pairing on the big screen for years and.... that's what we got. -_-

Would this be the one?

Eeep! Shh! I always get paranoid if I reveal what I'm bidding on openly someone will be like "Oh, neat! I like that too! I think I shall bid on it as well!". I'm just so miffed at that one troglodyte who also bid and drove the price up.
Oh, I know what you mean, Hattress. Can't be too careful.

I've played a few auctions on ebay in the past for a few really cool anime figures hoping to get a reasonably good deal. Depending upon the popularity of the item, the first days are actually moot (never bid too high on the days leading up to the end of the auction). What it all boils down to is the last hour leading up to the last minutes of the auction. That's when it gets interesting.. more people suddenly come out of the woodwork.

My favorite method is quite evil. At the last 10 seconds, I swoop in with the highest amount I'm willing to pay and try to snipe it before someone gets any time to bid higher. This has worked two out of the three times I've tried this.

O_O And I suppose if they were fairly priced there's no way you would buy them for me and I could pay you back?
Do you have any comic book shops in your local area? If so, I'm sure they'd only be too happy to order in something for you. They deal with specialty items like this all the time.
However, if you really want, I could probably get prices for you next month when I pick up volume 20 of Excel Saga. I'll look 'em over, but I've a feeling they'd be kinda pricey though. I remember the Haddock figure had to be at least 8 inches tall. They range in size.

Mad Hatteress

« Reply #296 on: November 08, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
Do you have any comic book shops in your local area? If so, I'm sure they'd only be too happy to order in something for you. They deal with specialty items like this all the time.
However, if you really want, I could probably get prices for you next month when I pick up volume 20 of Excel Saga. I'll look 'em over, but I've a feeling they'd be kinda pricey though. I remember the Haddock figure had to be at least 8 inches tall. They range in size.

There is a comic shop a little ways away from where I go to school at. I'll ask but I'm not sure if they can get in the same stuff as your area can. If they can get them I'm at least getting Captain Haddock! I have a nice spot for him right on my desk where he can keep me company.

If that doesn't work I'd very much appreciate it if you'd tell me the prices the next time you visit the shop; please just don't go out of your way for it.

EDIT: DAMMIT TO HELL! I give up! That jerk just swooped in and outbid me again! I think he and I are the only two who want that sweater! It's not fair! *Throws her whiskey against the wall and proceeds to have a temper tantrum*
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:41:09 AM by Mad Hatteress »

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #297 on: November 08, 2009, 11:58:46 AM »
There is a comic shop a little ways away from where I go to school at. I'll ask but I'm not sure if they can get in the same stuff as your area can. If they can get them I'm at least getting Captain Haddock! I have a nice spot for him right on my desk where he can keep me company.
All you can do is ask.

If that doesn't work I'd very much appreciate it if you'd tell me the prices the next time you visit the shop; please just don't go out of your way for it.
No prob at all.

EDIT: DAMMIT TO HELL! I give up! That jerk just swooped in and outbid me again! I think he and I are the only two who want that sweater! It's not fair! *Throws her whiskey against the wall and proceeds to have a temper tantrum*
:eltongue: Nothing worse than an angry drunk. :e_tongue:

MincyMatsu

• Global Moderator
  • Spam Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 09, 2009, 03:50:41 PM »
Here's some noise, for this otherwise very calm day...

*bells ringing*

man, i sat home from school all day, and no one turned up as far as i noticed throughout the day... How dull :(

Lord Il

• Spam Master
    • View Profile
    • Armitage's Dimension
« Reply #299 on: November 09, 2009, 04:31:32 PM »
THE BELLS!! THE BELLS!!! O_O

^Sometimes Mondays are good when they're uneventful. Too early in the week for too much excitment. lol!

@Hatteress: How did that auction go?